Z:BP Nelly, Samson & Silas WIP 4

Samson is more or less done, even with those crazy eyes. Did the white on Nelly, and man did my white mojo leave the building. Only did Silas’ bow, so no pics (spoiler: it’s awful).

Nelly_WIP_5.jpgNelly_WIP_6.jpg
Samson_WIP_7.jpgSamson_WIP_8.jpg

They do look decent at a tabletop distance, which I guess is the point. Still, pretty humbling return to painting…

Z:BP Survivors: Nelly, Samson and Silas

Just some base coats to get things rolling with these folks, nothing too noteworthy I think…

Nelly_WIP_1.jpgNelly_WIP_2.jpg

Samson_WIP_1.jpgSamson_WIP_2.jpg

Silas_WIP_1.jpgSilas_WIP_2.jpg

Mostly working out of the common colors in my workbench set of paints, though I did have to dig something up for Silas’s cloak. Had to mix some green and browns up, ended up using that for the red to tame it a bit.

Zombicide Ramsay WIP 1

I started a new fun project, the not-Gordon Ramsay from Zombicide. I’m going to try to keep at least one ‘serious’ project (Seza just now) and one fun project(tabletop screwing around fast stuff) on the bench.

Ramsay_WIP_1.jpgRamsay_WIP_2.jpg

In other notes, the RH trooper I had in simple green is being stubborn about being cleaned, I’m just going to shelve that project for now. I started cleaning a newer RH jailbird hero and the resin was more brittle than some of the older RH resin and she lost her bayonette. Since I wanted to do a side-by-side with a metal one to show quality comparison…it kinda ruined the similarity a bit and took the wind out of my sails for that project. Not shelved, but under consideration (I’ll have to prime them before taking any photos. Lastly, I finally got around to the final prep stages on my plastic KD TK pinup, I decided to glue the head to the cloak but paint that separate from teh body. It was a tricky glue-up, but I had a good plan and it worked well. Still needs a bit of GS for the gap, but it will be ready for primer soon and be a rather interesting job, as disassmbled painting is new for me.

Raining Blood

Taking a detour, I got in some Tamiya Red and Smoke to play with blood effects, since I’ve been unhappy and my zombies tend to be rather unbloodied as a result. It’s smelly, vile stuff and dries out relatively quickly into a sticky mass…but it looks great. It might be a bit too gloss, in fact (and thus difficult to photo well), especially since I topcoat with dulcote.

First up are the Bones zombies I did long ago. Not much new work, I tried to simply reinforce what I had done in regular acrylics.

Bonzombies_Blood_1.jpgBonzombies_Blood_2.jpg

After getting some of the mixing down a bit, I slathered up the Zombicide season 1 fatty, again just reinforcing previous work.

Fatty_Blood_1.jpgFatty_Blood_2.jpg

Then I hit the last of my previously unsatisfying bloodwork on the Kingdom Death Twilight Knight’s sword and trophy. Long time readers will remember the sword broke where the blade meets the crossguard, and it’s just a superglued butt joint. I could feel it wanting to break just lightly brushing on the blood…but it survived. Not a very noticeable improvement, but it makes me feel better. And I took some alt angles for kicks.

Twilight_Knight_Blood_1.jpgTwilight_Knight_Blood_2.jpg]
Twilight_Knight_Blood_3.jpgTwilight_Knight_Blood_4.jpg

Zombicide Runner 1

Quick and dirty summer painting continues with another season 1 zed from Zombicide. As usual, great sculpts with crappy casting, but hey…it’s game plastic. So feel free to slap paint and have fun!

Runner_1.jpgRunner_2.jpg

I think the total time for this dude ran just over four hours after filling in the base. As usual for these guys I just re-used colors on the palette for the base.

He ended up being a bit more limited palette, I used the undead skin triad and the newer blood triad, only adding Olive Shadow to extend the darker end of the undead skin triad. As I mentioned in my WIP, I’m kind of obsessed with that triad right now, it’s really nice. The ‘greens’ here are heavy on the lower to mid and the ‘whites’ are mid to high; bloodless skin is the ‘pure white’ for this project (as it was with my walker 1). My only problem was that olive shadow doesn’t hold its value when combined with darker reds, it brings both paints up about a point.

Hope you enjoy these guys. They’re fun to paint and helping me keep my sanity during the painting doldrums!