Saturday Prepday

Started today’s bench time with assembly. Didn’t plan ahead and wasted a bunch of GS, I like to let my superglued joints sit overnight before poking GS into gaps, woops. But I did manage to get Thalia’s arm GS’d, I went a bit heavy because she’s so delicate, hopefully paint will cover it ok.

Then I glued up Seza’s arms and head, but didn’t want to go for the legs and cloth until I can GS the upper parts. She’ll be a longer term assembly, but that’s cool. My first somewhat large resin assembly. Feels good having something quite different on the bench…and a Mierce mini, finally!

My plan was to then start in on paint for the Keeper’s base, but the tamiya grey primer I had zenithal’d with was beading paint a bit and I just didn’t like how it was looking. So I reprimed it in AP black with a very light zenithal of AP white. I like to let my primer sit an hour or so, so I don’t think I’ll be getting any more done today.

But, it’s some progress across three projects, so that’s cool.

End_table.jpg

Sunday WIPs

Championship Sunday, nice crackling fire, cat nestled on the blanket nearby…perfect hobby day. I spent it on a variety of things old and new.

I dusted off the Keeper, who has been languishing for a looong time on the bench. I spent a little time doing some value correction on his display base, mostly just black washes. And onto the Keeper himself, I glazed the orb a bit and then began sketching in the initial (darkest) layer of OSL to get an idea of where I’m going with it. Since I want it to be bright enough to hit some of the elements of his base, I’m going to have to push this way beyond what I did previously with the gravedigger.

Keeper_WIP_4.jpg

I think he’s going to be pretty cool!

Then I tried my hand at sculpting a rosebud per Corporea’s excellent tutorial. I am terribad with GS, but I managed to mangle together three candidates which are way too tiny to photograph with my phone. I used the leftover GS to make a large one, and an amorphous head-type thing.

Thalia_WIP_1.jpg

The rose is eventually going to hopefully maybe be part of Dark Sword’s Thalia. I prepped her and another resin mini, here they are drying off on the counter…

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3667682/Minis/WIPs/Dark%20Sword/Thalia/Thalia_WIP_2.jpg

Then I prepped yet ANOTHER model I’ve been thinking of painting, a mini from the mind of Kev White (neither the mini nor Kev pictured herein, sorry!).

Didn’t get much done on that initial layer, as my mom popped in for a visit, which put an end to hobby Sunday (in a good way!).