Zombicide: Black Plague: Nelly, Samson and Silas

Here we have some survivors from the Zombicide: Black Plague core box, Nelly, Samson and Silas.

Nelly_1a.jpgNelly_2a.jpg

Samson_1a.jpgSamson_2a.jpg

Silas_1a.jpgSilas_3a.jpg

NellySamsonSilas.jpg

Advertisements

Z:BP Nelly, Samson & Silas WIP 6

A couple hours to get Silas off the bench. And taking the pics I realized I forgot to paint the gold on the sword hilt. Woops! So one more quick session with him later…

Silas_WIP_5.jpgSilas_WIP_6.jpg

Z:BP Survivors: Nelly, Samson and Silas

Just some base coats to get things rolling with these folks, nothing too noteworthy I think…

Nelly_WIP_1.jpgNelly_WIP_2.jpg

Samson_WIP_1.jpgSamson_WIP_2.jpg

Silas_WIP_1.jpgSilas_WIP_2.jpg

Mostly working out of the common colors in my workbench set of paints, though I did have to dig something up for Silas’s cloak. Had to mix some green and browns up, ended up using that for the red to tame it a bit.

Josh, Phil and Ned

First up is Josh:

Josh_1.jpgJosh_2.jpg

Painting the hoodie I couldn’t resist a nod to Belichick. The casting of the left eye pitted, so I just did the best I could there.

Next up, Phil:

Phil_1.jpgPhil_2.jpg

And finally, Ned:

Ned_1.jpgNed_2.jpg

The area around the left hand/top of the gun/scope is all bumpy and miscast, so I did the best I could to detail it with paint. My first try at camo, more freehand wood grain.

These guys were all a lot of fun to paint despite the mediocre casting. I tried a bit of freehand on each of them and was trying to work on painting faster and more accurate (to spend less time fixing/cleaning). I didn’t really keep track of time like I intended, but I’d say maybe 7 hours for the three of them.

Josh, Phil and Ned WIP 4

Got in a couple more hours and almost finished the three stooges survivors I’ve been dabbling with over the last week or two. Just a few final touches and then painting up the bases and they’ll be done.

Josh_Phil_Ned_WIP_4.jpg

Josh’s (hoodie kid) left eye is a pit I should’ve tried to GS over. I went a bit too heavy with Phil’s (cop) eyebrows, so I went back in with flesh tone underneath so he looks a bit less neanderthal now. Got in a little bit of freehand in the woodgrain I’ve been developing for a while now, as well as trying camo on Ned’s (pan) jacket. Ned’s gun, scope and hand have some really weird defect, no detail and it’s all bumpy…I tried to use paint to detail it out and hide that.

Focusing on trying to paint fast and accurately with these guys, similar to Bones models in a way. At the very least, it’s nice having things to paint between ‘real’ projects and keeps the muscle memory going while I do the chore work of the non-painting stuff 🙂