Mixed up some milliput and GS and tried my hand at a stone wall. Took a little while to get my groove, between learning the tools and the material setting up. Also should’ve done it in two or three sessions, I had to rush the last half of the left wall because it was stiffening up considerably. So it’s pretty rough and the textures aren’t as uniform as I’d like but I think it will paint up ok. The upper right and lower left have a decent consistency and are close to what I was shooting for here.
Overall I had fun getting into the groove with this phase of the project, which promises good things for the future of my ability to put minis in cooler settings.
Worked on a couple non-painting things today. First I filled in a base to glue Noreth to and then sculpted a rock to go on it later. I also tried a couple different ways of pressing in textures, but I like the sculpted rock the best. Then for the heck of it I tried to sculpt a little rat based on something Schubert did in his class on sculpting base accessories. A big meh, we’ll see if I can save him with paint (which is what Derek said about his early base additions, heh).
Then I put all the stuff I forgot to glue to the Keeper’s base before I primed it. Woops. Hopefully a couple more layers of primer won’t kill it! This base was started in Proctor’s basing class.