Whew! This turned into a pretty long and intense session. I was just going to slap some paint and play this spankin’ new Rocksmith 2014…and several hours later…
Blending, blending, blending. Sword and shield were pretty much nothing but. Lots of weird little angles on the gold trim and the reds weren’t flowing too smooth for me. Started finding my groove on the greys. Unfortunately, I hadn’t cleaned the mold slip on the sword as well as I thought, it’s a bit of a mess (and I filed the heck out of it!). But I made the best of it.
Then on to the face, I’m trying to improve my granularity of detail on faces and used some 5x reading glasses (think the stapler guy from Office Space). I think I got some pretty cool effects with some different colors, I put some reds into the shadow glaze, followed by some blue and a hint of walnut. The eyes aren’t well defined, made the best of it once again. I even like the eyebrows on this one.
Another pass to clean up and hit a few details (and I had to break before I painted his stache!), then on to basing.
Some detail work while watching the game. Sword blade, shield, face and then it’s base time.
Cloth done. Freehand is hard. I probably should’ve gone for the more basic border-to-border red cross, but noooo…
Chainmail and helmet done, cloth about 3/4 shaded.
Base coating done for Luther.
More base coating for Luther. Takes so many coats to clean up where I slopped the walnut liner…I need to be cleaner with that step, it would save me almost an hour.