Scottish Highlander

Nope, still not dead yet! I’ve been working on a secret project, a Christmas gift for my lovely mate, who is a huge fan of Braveheart. So here’s my first try at painting a bust. Overall I think it came out alright, it was a lot of fun to paint for the most part and very instructional.

Wallace_2a.jpg
Wallace_1a.jpg
Wallace_4a.jpg
Wallace_3a.jpg

The eyes were actually the most fun part and I’m kinda shocked how well they came out! I think I managed to convey Mel’s hazel eyes and I was thinking of my least favorite scene of the movie (when the Bruce removed his helmet).

Now… maybe onto something a wee bit smaller…

The Grudge WIP 2

An hour into putting a coat of Muddy Soil onto the Grudge…so many deep recesses, it’s crazy. And large. I can already see the chainmail in particular is going to make me batty, almost every cell is still white in the recess!

Also put a couple coats of Ginger Cookie onto the zombie’s base to try finishing him off. I experimented with some e6000 glue so make gore streaks but it wasn’t coming together so I just decided to finish him up as is.

Grudge_WIP_3.jpg

The Grudge WIP 1

I know I’m not the only one enjoying the good weather! Getting the garden in shape, new patio furniture, grilling and chilling.

Rainy night, so I made some time to sit at the desk and work on the Grudge prep. So much prep for this guy, lots of casting irregularities. Bumps, lines and holes. Oh, those holes.

Worked green stuff into most of the holes. Had to recarve a bunch of areas where the resin filled gaps (like between earrings, etc). Then tried a quick milliput slurry across the back of the piece to smooth it a little more. I’ll sand that when it dries. Then, optimistically, mounting and primer.

Grudge_WIP_2.jpgGrudge_WIP_1.jpg