Quick and dirty summer painting continues with another season 1 zed from Zombicide. As usual, great sculpts with crappy casting, but hey…it’s game plastic. So feel free to slap paint and have fun!
I think the total time for this dude ran just over four hours after filling in the base. As usual for these guys I just re-used colors on the palette for the base.
He ended up being a bit more limited palette, I used the undead skin triad and the newer blood triad, only adding Olive Shadow to extend the darker end of the undead skin triad. As I mentioned in my WIP, I’m kind of obsessed with that triad right now, it’s really nice. The ‘greens’ here are heavy on the lower to mid and the ‘whites’ are mid to high; bloodless skin is the ‘pure white’ for this project (as it was with my walker 1). My only problem was that olive shadow doesn’t hold its value when combined with darker reds, it brings both paints up about a point.
Hope you enjoy these guys. They’re fun to paint and helping me keep my sanity during the painting doldrums!
Here we have the hungry, hungry zed called the Fatty (their name, not mine!) from Season 1 of Zombicide.
Skin and shirt were Ginger Cookie based, I love this paint! Various shades were Intense Brown down into Chestnut and Muddy Soil (my current favorite dark brown). Highs were a Ginger Cookie/Bloodless Skin mix to cool things off and lend him a bit more undeathly feel. A little bit of violet red glazed into the shadows for further unhealth. The shirt subbed in Linen for Bloodless Skin, to give a little contrast to the skin highlights.
Coveralls were Chestnut Brown shaded with Chestnut+Muddy. Highs were Carrot Top and Highlight Orange.
Another fun Zombicide sculpt! I think I’ve painted more Zombicide minis at this point than anything but Reaper!
I finished this guy in May, just getting around to pics… This is a pedestrian zombie aka Walker from Season 1 of Zombicide.
I hadn’t really intended on such a limited palette with him, but as I was painting the skin I started roughing in the shirt and liked where it was going. The greens are Olive Shadow through the Undead Skin triad with some white mixed into the top end. Hair and pants were Red Shadow highlighted with some of the greens and deepest shaded with a touch of Walnut.
Here’s a shot of him next to a warmer example to highlight the limit of his palette. Really fun projects!
I enjoy painting minis as something they’re not intended to be, so when Monkeysloth put up a contest to come up with a character…who better than Deadpool? In one issue, he appears in the 70s to team up with Power Man and Iron Fist and of course uses this opportunity to go ‘incognito’ as a pimp…
I added a couple katanas from 02455: Weapon Pack IV by Werner Klocke (one graciously donated by Kuro, thanks!) and some GS to add in folds where they entered his coat. The base is also scratch made from styrene and GS.
This one was a lot of fun to paint, which I needed given the past couple months (but we’re all happy and healthy now!). It turned out to be something of a continuation of my HF Gwen project, playing around with some freehand ideas and continuing to try to develop my brush control. The soda can says ‘Joke’ a play on Joka Cola, something DP would drink, surely 🙂
Here’s the first guy I’ve painted from the Operation: Icestorm box for Corvus Belli’s Infinity skirmish game. He’s just a grunt I was working out some color schemes and another attempt to speed things up with tabletop painting.
Had a tough time pinning him to the base (a plastic piece from Sedition Wars), required some touch-ups which is why there is a horrid dot of red that needs fixing on his back calf :p
So this was another one of my experiments in trying to paint a tabletop quality mini. Overall I’m not too thrilled with it. The top highlight on the cloak in particular makes me itch. I painted her in about four hours at paint day and decided the cloak needed a lot more contrast at the last minute. I think I was thinking more about getting food at that point 🙂
I did learn a bit more about trying to maximize brushstrokes, and I also learned that I need to work a lot more with my paint consistency.
Anyway, here she is.
Since I more or less got into painting in the autumn of 2012, I measure my painting year from Sep-Aug. So here is my painting output from Sep 2013 – Aug 2014, excepting a few gifts (the Reaper Nativity for my mother and RBG Svetlana, which I gave to Tre Manor).
You can find my 2012-2013 compilation here.