Z:BP Nelly, Samson & Silas WIP 4

Samson is more or less done, even with those crazy eyes. Did the white on Nelly, and man did my white mojo leave the building. Only did Silas’ bow, so no pics (spoiler: it’s awful).

Nelly_WIP_5.jpgNelly_WIP_6.jpg
Samson_WIP_7.jpgSamson_WIP_8.jpg

They do look decent at a tabletop distance, which I guess is the point. Still, pretty humbling return to painting…

Z:BP Survivors: Nelly, Samson and Silas

Just some base coats to get things rolling with these folks, nothing too noteworthy I think…

Nelly_WIP_1.jpgNelly_WIP_2.jpg

Samson_WIP_1.jpgSamson_WIP_2.jpg

Silas_WIP_1.jpgSilas_WIP_2.jpg

Mostly working out of the common colors in my workbench set of paints, though I did have to dig something up for Silas’s cloak. Had to mix some green and browns up, ended up using that for the red to tame it a bit.

Imperial Assault: Stormtroopers WIP 1

Nice palette cleanser after all that skin tone work, some Stormtroopers. Painted super quick (for me) roughly following a tutorial for painting Sedition Wars Vanguards by Ali McVey. I mixed all the colors (such as they are) from black, white and sapphire blue. Minis are not the best casts, so I didn’t bother cleaning them up or putting much effort into being neat!

First I base coated the primed minis with a desaturated blue/grey (middle mini not base coated).

Stormtroopers_WIP_1.jpg

Then I washed with a light black wash (middle mini not washed).

Stormtroopers_WIP_2.jpg

Everyone gets the blacks filled in.

Stormtroopers_WIP_3.jpg

Re-establish the base coat (middle mini not re-coated).

Stormtroopers_WIP_4.jpg

Then I forgot to take pics 🙂 I mixed more white into the blue/grey base coat for an initial ‘white’. Then I finished it off with just a bit of the blue grey in my white pool.

Stormtroopers_WIP_5.jpg

Just a few touch ups and I’ll paint the bases and call them done. Quick and dirty!