Taking a detour, I got in some Tamiya Red and Smoke to play with blood effects, since I’ve been unhappy and my zombies tend to be rather unbloodied as a result. It’s smelly, vile stuff and dries out relatively quickly into a sticky mass…but it looks great. It might be a bit too gloss, in fact (and thus difficult to photo well), especially since I topcoat with dulcote.
First up are the Bones zombies I did long ago. Not much new work, I tried to simply reinforce what I had done in regular acrylics.
After getting some of the mixing down a bit, I slathered up the Zombicide season 1 fatty, again just reinforcing previous work.
Then I hit the last of my previously unsatisfying bloodwork on the Kingdom Death Twilight Knight’s sword and trophy. Long time readers will remember the sword broke where the blade meets the crossguard, and it’s just a superglued butt joint. I could feel it wanting to break just lightly brushing on the blood…but it survived. Not a very noticeable improvement, but it makes me feel better. And I took some alt angles for kicks.