Championship Sunday, nice crackling fire, cat nestled on the blanket nearby…perfect hobby day. I spent it on a variety of things old and new.
I dusted off the Keeper, who has been languishing for a looong time on the bench. I spent a little time doing some value correction on his display base, mostly just black washes. And onto the Keeper himself, I glazed the orb a bit and then began sketching in the initial (darkest) layer of OSL to get an idea of where I’m going with it. Since I want it to be bright enough to hit some of the elements of his base, I’m going to have to push this way beyond what I did previously with the gravedigger.
I think he’s going to be pretty cool!
Then I tried my hand at sculpting a rosebud per Corporea’s excellent tutorial. I am terribad with GS, but I managed to mangle together three candidates which are way too tiny to photograph with my phone. I used the leftover GS to make a large one, and an amorphous head-type thing.
The rose is eventually going to hopefully maybe be part of Dark Sword’s Thalia. I prepped her and another resin mini, here they are drying off on the counter…
Then I prepped yet ANOTHER model I’ve been thinking of painting, a mini from the mind of Kev White (neither the mini nor Kev pictured herein, sorry!).
Didn’t get much done on that initial layer, as my mom popped in for a visit, which put an end to hobby Sunday (in a good way!).