Luther WIP 7

Whew! This turned into a pretty long and intense session. I was just going to slap some paint and play this spankin’ new Rocksmith 2014…and several hours later…

Luther_WIP_13.JPGLuther_WIP_14.JPG

Blending, blending, blending. Sword and shield were pretty much nothing but. Lots of weird little angles on the gold trim and the reds weren’t flowing too smooth for me. Started finding my groove on the greys. Unfortunately, I hadn’t cleaned the mold slip on the sword as well as I thought, it’s a bit of a mess (and I filed the heck out of it!). But I made the best of it.

Then on to the face, I’m trying to improve my granularity of detail on faces and used some 5x reading glasses (think the stapler guy from Office Space). I think I got some pretty cool effects with some different colors, I put some reds into the shadow glaze, followed by some blue and a hint of walnut. The eyes aren’t well defined, made the best of it once again. I even like the eyebrows on this one.

Another pass to clean up and hit a few details (and I had to break before I painted his stache!), then on to basing.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s